On Tuesday Bobby took his big test to become a board certified family nurse practitioner. He has been studying hard for this test and it had kinda been keeping us from full out celebrating his graduation. His degree doesn’t mean much at all without passing this test. Tuesday came and he drove off to Hurst to take his test and he passed!!!! He found out after the test the printer spits out a sheet of paper that tells you if you passed. Ahh relief, after 4.5 years it is over!!!! I am sooo proud of Bobby, he has worked so hard and has been so disciplined studying and working hard. Bobby has learned so much, he is not one to brag or call attention to himself, but he has learned so much, it blows me away sometimes all of the drugs and diseases that he knows about. There were so many times it felt like school was never going to end. Now it all is over! The last step is waiting for all of the paper work to be processed and then Bobby can start his new job and never work nights again!!! I am sure I will blog about that too when it happens.
I baked a cake to celebrate on Tuesday, I believed that he would pass the test, but if he didn’t I was prepared to quietly give it to our neighbors and not mention it to Bobby.
During Bobby’s first semester of graduate school, Andrew came down with H1N1 flu, this was the week of Bobby’s big end of the semester presentation and his final exam was a few days later. We were nervous wrecks so scared Bobby was going to get sick. Thankfully he didn’t get sick. At the end of every semester there is some sort of sickness in our house. The most memorable one was this past year when Bobby took a final exam with a very active stomach bug. Last Friday before the test I started feeling sick, with cold like symptoms. On Sunday all 3 kids and I were sick, Bobby woke up Monday not feeling great. Of course we all got sick right before his big test. Bobby didn’t complain although I could tell he wasn’t feeling great.
No comments:
Post a Comment