Friday, November 15, 2013

Moving Furniture Around

Sunday morning I got a idea while I was up with Will during the night. I briefly thought about moving Lily into Andrew's room and move Will into Lily's room temporarily, until he stops waking up so many times in the night.  We had been talking about moving Lily out of her crib and into a bed, but I was scared to do it since I am not getting much sleep at night all ready. Sunday afternoon I asked Andrew if Lily's bed could go in his "hiding spot" (under his bed). He excitedly said yes, then when Lily woke up from her nap I asked her I was shocked that she said yes and started packing up her stuff. A few hours latter Bobby was taking Lily's crib apart and moving into the boy room and turned it into a toddler bed. I am so excited that it fits perfectly under Andrew's loft bed. I am planning for Will to sleep under here too when he is Lily's age.

Pretty girly bedding.  It is good that Lily started in the toddler bed low to the ground one night she feel out of bed 2 times and slept right through it. The first night she sleep with her feet hanging off touching the ground all night. The Lord knows what is best for my babies.  The first night Lily got out of bed 3 times, because Andrew kept getting out of bed. Andrew loves making sure Lily stays in bed and coming out to the living room to deliver messages from Lily to us. After the first night of getting up Lily has done awesome! She has even napped great in her bed. It is all still new and exciting for her and Andrew.  She used to cry herself to sleep many nights or yell random requests to us from her crib, this past week she has not cried in bed and her crazy bedtime request have minimized.  Last night Bobby found Andrew sitting on his ladder talking to Lily during bedtime :) I am thankful the Lord spoke this idea to me and I trusted him to handle all of the little details.

 Right after we put the bed together the kids had fun checking it out.  Will likes pulling up on the bed too. Andrew made Lily her own set of stairs that night to make it like his. In the picture Will is trying to climb them.
 So excited for the first night! The first morning they both woke up at 6 am!!! The next day Andrew was coughing and threw up at 4 am and woke Lily up to tell her what was going on! I have been talking with them about quietly leaving the room to get me, so they don't wake the other person.
 Today Andrew made a track and asked me to take his picture without Lily in it.
 Lily is very upset wanting to be in the picture. These 2 kids can fight, wrestle and cuddle all within the same hour.

So the first 5 days of the new room arrangement has gone well. Will is doing ok in the room by himself, I am able to shut the door and have him work on some self soothing techniques ;)

Our plan once Will is sleeping better is to move him back in with Andrew and get Lily a new big bed to lure her back to her room. I joked with Bobby that Lily might not want to leave and we can put all of the kids in the one room and have a playroom.  I highly doubt that will happen, but I am learning to never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment