Friday, May 21, 2010

I don't even know where to begin to describe this week. I have no clue what to title this post. So I guess I will start at the beginning of the week.

Sunday- Bobby worked all weekend, we hosted life group at our house. Andrew took a really long nap (first clue something is up). Right before everyone comes over, Andrew wakes up and has a fever. So we strip him down to a diaper, give him some Tylenol and have home group and put him to bed early. We end up being up with Andrew until around 2 am with him uncomfortable from the fever.

Monday- Still running fever so Andrew hangs out all day in a diaper and sleeps a lot. Bobby wakes up at 9 am thinking that he doesn't work until Thursday night. So he puts in a full day of work around the house. 6:45 pm rolls around and we are waiting on our good friends to come over to eat dinner and hang out. Bobby gets a phone call from a co-worker asking where he is? He is supposed to work. Bobby rushes out the door as our friends are coming in the door. So Andrew (who has a fever) and I eat dinner with our friends. Poor Bobby worked all night so he was up for 25 hours total! Andrew's 16 months old.

Tuesday- Baby boy still feverish, starts getting a rash. Bobby goes to work and finds out he is orientating to charge nurse. Kinda funny he didn't ask to train for this position. A charge nurse is the nurse that is in charge for the shift that night. If other nurses have questions this is the person they go to, I am sure there are other duties too.

Wednesday- Andrew's fever breaks for good and he has a rash. It turns out he had roseola or fifth disease ( a common baby virus that just has to run it's course). Bobby has his first night a charge nurse and starts feeling sick.

Thursday- Happy 4 year wedding anniversary to us! Bobby wakes up at 1 pm with a fever of 102. We have to cancel our date plans. I get lovely flowers and dinner delivered from a great mother in law.

Friday- Bobby wakes up at 4 am (he has a crazy sleep schedule) feeling better but not great. We hang the shutters on the house!!!! I will do another post with pics. He does more stuff around the house. My wonderful mom babysits Andrew, so Bobby and I can go see Robin Hood and eat dinner at El Fenix.

So that is our week, it is funny every year something crazy is going on around our anniversary.
Year 1- we move to Fort Worth 2 days after our anniversary.
Year 2- we had just moved into our house.
Year 3- we got new carpet installed the same week as our anniversary.
Year 4- random sickness (Note to all first time parents- babies make you sick. Bobby and I have never been as sick in our 8 years of dating/ marriage as this year( we have both worked in the hospital setting and I have worked in a classroom!). Supposedly it is the first baby that makes the parents get sick, then we will have antibodies and immunity built up for the other kiddos. So we will see if this is true.

Anyways, I love my life! I love my 2 men! Looking back on 4 years of marriage all we can do is thank and praise God, He has been so good to us. He has opened our eyes to so much more of Him, we have trusted Him in areas that we never would have in our 1st year of marriage. Thank you Lord for drawing us closer to You!



The story of a boy and his dog in pictures.

Finding DeckerFeeding her grass through the fence.

Happiness, he really does smile right as I take the picture!

Random Andrew achievement- he can now feed himself with a spoon. He currently loves putting his hand over his eyes to play peek a boo and now is more verbal and will have a conversation with you or read you a book (of course this is all in grunts with his lips tightly sealed so a vowel or consonant sound doesn't accidentally slip out :) This is giving us hope that a verbal explosion will hopefully be happening soon. Until then I patiently wait to hear that famous phrase of "mama" that Andrew has only let slip out on accident a few times :)

Andrew's current favorite outside toys the rake and the shovel. This was when we were feverish and he hung out in the diaper all day.

Notice the ribs sticking out along with the belly. How is that possible??

Now look at his belly in this picture just seconds later! P.S. I love crocs on walking toddlers, they are so easy to get on and off and they let his feet breath.

2nd anniversery in 2008. Andrew was in that picture, we just didn't know yet. We were so tan because we had just gotten back from a canoe trip.

Celebrating a day late, but it was still a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment