Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rocking and Rolling into 6 months

Will turned 6 months old last Saturday! He has been very busy during month 5 of his life, he got 2 teeth, can now rock on his hands and knees, do a plank position, do a army crawl where he throws his body forward and two days before he turned 6 months old he mastered this...
Sitting up.  Will now gets a new view of his world.  It amazes me how I will work with him (or the other kids) to do something (like sit up, crawl, walk and ect.) and it seems impossible that they will ever master it and then one day they sit up all by themselves like they have done this their whole life.

On Saturday the day Will turned 6 months old he got to try rice cereal with milk.

This is all Will likes to do in the bumbo seat, try to fall out and try reach things. He does not like this seat.

 Here we are all excited to see if he will like it, he has been very interested in the food on my plate lately. Lily and Andrew were close by to cheer him on.
 Aww look at the sweet face.  He took it well and even swallowed a bit or two.
 A sweet smile.
 He loved the spoon.




 Watching Will eat got Andrew hungry, so he was eating sun chips and enjoyed getting his picture taken with food too.
 Here I am saying "open up."

Latter that night we went to a party and I told all my friends how much Will liked food and how well it went, because it did.  The next day I try to give him rice cereal and he refuses to open his mouth at all, the same thing happened the next day.  Then I gave him bananas and he gaged when his tongue tasted them.
On Thursday we went to my parents house to watch the Tech game and I let Will try cucumber and he loved it, on Saturday he still loved it. I think liking cucumbers is a genetic trait passed on to the kids. I hope Will continues to love cucumber like his big brother and sister do.  He also tolerated 2 bites of peas. I guess Will wants to stay my baby for a little longer :)

Will's eyes have completely turned brown.  They are a beautiful dark brown color, just like his Daddy's.
 His expression doesn't show it but Will loves to fly and bounce.
It seems like each week Will stays happy on the floor longer and longer.  He is at the frustrated of wanted to crawl but not there yet.  He knows which toys are his which ones aren't, he will find a way to move to get to Andrew or Lily's toys or shoes and paper left on the ground. Will still enjoys snuggles but more often now I find him wanting to get down on the floor and explore.

Will loves to talk and coo and is smiling a lot more now. Hopefully I can capture more of these adorable grins on the camera.

At the doctor appointment Will weighted 18 pounds 54% and is 26.5 inches long (24%)

No comments:

Post a Comment