Wednesday, September 12, 2012

18 month old big girl

Lily turned 18 months old last Friday.  She has grown up so much over the summer.
 Lily loves to wear hooded towels around the house.  I think she may be needing some dress up clothes because she is often wanting to wear my necklaces and wear Andrew's hats too.  I am trying to get stricter about the passi, and not let her have it during the day when she is not sleeping.  She loves her passi and this picture is proof that Lily has me wrapped around her finger and her brothers.  Andrew has gotten her passies out of her crib for her before if she stands at her crib crying long enough :)
 I wanted to put a hair bow on Lily for the pictures, but I thought I would keep it "real."  Lily loves to pull hair bows and clips out.  She doesn't mind her hair in her face.  She will often randomly grab at her hair just to make sure there wasn't a bow or clip on her head that she forgot about.  Hopefully soon she will wear them more.
 Lily's favorite book is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear"  we read it many times a day.
 Lily likes to sit in my lap and read books with me.  Something her brother never did at her age.
 Shark attack!  Lily went to the Dr. this week and she weighs 19 pounds and is 29 inches long (below 5% in both according to the growth charts).  Most meals she eats more than her brother, she loves bread, fruit and cheese.  She is a typical 18 month old with random pickiness and testing the boundaries, but overall a great little eater.  I have decided that I need to get a sewing machine and master the art of hemming clothes, because it looks like I might be hemming many pairs of pants and skirts for Lily like my mom had to do for me.  So far it looks like she will be short, like her mama.
Lily takes one nap a day for about 2 hours.  She loves to shout Andrew's name across the house, it sounds like "annna" when she says it.  She is a happy little lady who loves to play with her brother's trains and cars along with her baby doll every once in a while.  She loves to wrestle and "fly" with her daddy and be held or sitting in momma's lap.  Lily is a delight and adds so much beauty to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment