Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lily Elizabeth Caivano has Arrived

On Sunday March 6th I woke up at 3:45 am having contractions. At 7am I woke Bobby up to tell him that I had been having contractions for a few hours. I wasn't sure if it was the real deal or not. We ended up going to the worship service at church, and handed Andrew off to Nana so we could focus on labor. After church we went on a walk and rested. Bobby started cleaning the house. I labored at home until 12am and then headed to the hospital. 4 really hard hours latter, she came!!!!!!

On March 7th, 2011 our beautiful baby girl entered the world at 4:06 am.
Lily on my chest after she was born. It was so beautiful to hear her strong cries.
7 pounds and 6 ounces and 20 inches long
The proud papa and excellent coach, I couldn't have gone med. free without him and the help of two great friends encouraging me along. Bobby also got to clamp the cord.
Lily getting checked out by the nurse.

Overall it was a long day, but it was so worth it when I got to hold my precious baby girl. I am so thankful to have a husband and friends to walk through the labor journey with me.

I ended up being up for 30 hours before I was able to get some rest, thankfully I had lots of adrenaline. I don't think I have ever been up for that many hours in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment