Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 17th a special day

Two years ago I woke up at the hospital hoping for a good breakfast before started getting my labor induced. Sadly I was informed I couldn't eat anything until the baby was born! Anyways we never could have imagined how much we could love this little guy and how much he would change our life as we know it!

Andrew was 6lbs. 7oz and 21 and 3/4 inches long. He came out and wouldn't cry (the cord was around his neck and he was stunned so it took what felt like forever for him to cry). After lots of rubbing and stimulating him and some extra oxygen we finally heard him cry. I remember saying "cry baby, come on cry." Little did we know how much crying out little man had in him in the months to come! We survived and are hoping he is our only child with colic.

This year we had a great morning on January 17th. Andrew woke up at 8:30am with a smile on his face. The first thing he did when I got him out of his crib was give me a kiss on the check and smile and look into my eyes (all without me asking)!!! Then we gobbled up a yummy breakfast of eggs and hash browns that Bobby had made us.

For a special birthday treat Andrew got to have juice out of a cup with out a lid. He really enjoyed it.

Andrew is learning quickly how to keep the women in your life happy. He got flowers and a card for Nana. We headed over to her house to deliver his gift. We also opened Andrew's present from Ashley and David. Andrew loved putting it together just as much as playing with his race track.
Don't let the picture fool you, there were 13 steps to putting this toy together and once you snapped a piece in you couldn't get it out. So I had to look carefully at the pictures.

After playing at Nana's house.
We headed to Fuzzy's Taco for a birthday lunch.
It was a special birthday lunch because there were 2 birthdays we were celebrating! Andrew and Nana have the same birthday!!!!! We had a yummy lunch, then Andrew took a 3 hour nap.

I love you Andrew, I has been a fun 2 years with you and I look forward to many more with you. We love the man that you are becoming, we love watching you develop your own personality and preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment