Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Day of Fall

Yesterday was the first day of fall, and we had so much fun. Andrew and I went on 2 walks in one day!!! We both love walking outside. I think it is good down time for him. He has a few toys to play with but he usually watches the cars and birds and babbles while we walk. Bobby took advantage of the cooler weather and was out in the garage starting new woodworking projects. In the summer it is so hot he isn't in the garage much and he is always having to mow the yard. So in the fall and winter there is more time to work on fun projects. A few weeks ago he cleaned it out and reorganized the garage in anticipation of cooler weather.

Not very much has been going on around the Caivano house. Andrew is pulling up on everything. I was going to write about how much he loves his electronic toys, in the picture he found where I put his favorite play table. So now I am going to have to actually hide it. We have to put it out of sight because if we don't he won't play with his other toys. I just don't like the idea of him playing with electric entertaining toys all day. I want him to use creativity as well. Plus there is not much need for Bobby or I to even be in the room, when he is playing with the table. So of course we take advantage of it some times, but we want to play and interact with Andrew too. So starting at age 8 months old we are limiting his "gaming" time and I am sure we will be doing this for 18 more years.


Here is a picture of Andrew and Dad watching their first Texas Tech game together. Sadly it did not end in victory, however Tech put up a good fight and Andrew was able to stay up until the wee hour of 8:30 pm. He currently takes after his momma and likes to go to bed early.


I am posting some pictures we have taken this week, because I think they are so cute! I have been in a picture taking mood, I think it is because Andrew will be wearing some new fall outfits. I get tired of taking the pictures of the same outfits.






We have started baby proofing. Bobby put in some cabinet locks. Andrew has not started to get into the cabinets yet, it just makes me feel better and this past week at home group a little guy was opening our cabinets, so it just makes us safer for our friends too. So far all we have done are outlet covers and a few cabinet locks and rearranging the kitchen cabinets some. So now Andrew can explore the cabinets when he is ready.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Andrew is about big enough to fit into the cute fall clothes I bought him back in January when he was born!! I will have to come see you when he fits into them - hopefully Oct.!! :) -dana

    ReplyDelete