Saturday, April 26, 2014

How does your garden grow

This past year I have really wanted to have a garden.  I have grown a few edible plants in my flower bed in the front yard and I have been wanting do have a garden.  In February we decided not to do a garden because we had to replace the fence and that was a lot of work.  Well… on interest I saw how you can do a little garden using pallets.  We had 2 pallets and a bag of garden soil so I convinced Bobby to help me plant a small garden.
Andrew was ready to help with tool and Will loved sticking his hands in the dirt.
So the pallet idea didn’t work, there was not enough room for the plants to grow, the soil was to shallow :(  This all happened on Saturday, on Sunday Bobby and our neighbor Jace but me a raised bed and tilled up the dirt.  So we now have a garden!
In addition to growing this cutie, we planted tomatoes, green beans, and bell peppers in addition to the cucumbers I had already started.


Hopefully I will have pictures of our harvest soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment